The Fleetwood Photo Shoebox Scanning Kit is designed for quick scanning of large print quantities. We carefully scan your images and save them to a DVD for archiving, viewing, and ordering!
For $199 we will scan up to 500 of your photos from a 2×3 wallet up to an 8×10 print! Your photos will be scanned at 600 DPI, which is perfect for printing, sharing, or for just having a digital backup of your prints. Your order will include a DVD of your images; however, we can also make a USB drive copy for a nominal fee. We can also make additional copies of the DVD for $9.95 each that you can then give to your family as gifts!
How it works:
- Purchase your shoebox kit at Fleetwood Photo.
- Take it home, read and follow the instructions.
- Fill the box with groupings of like sized photo.=
- Return the box to our store with the signed check list included with the box.
- Pick up your DVD with your new digital images a few days later and of course your original pictures too!
What goes in the Shoebox Kit:
- Up to 500 loose photos from a 2×3 up to an 8×10
- The shoebox kit is designed for images that can bend and flex easily with little to no effort.
- Images cannot be torn, taped, sticky, or have anything rough on them. Images matching this description will not be scanned through this service. We can scan them through another process but there will be an additional charge.
What DOES NOT go in the Shoebox Kit:
- Aged and delicate photos, negatives and slides, newspaper clippings, odd shaped photos, or laminated images. We can scan these items but NOT through the shoebox scanning process. Please see our Flat Bed Scanning page for more information.
- Copywritten photos- we MUST have a copyright release from the photographer, or they will not be scanned.
Packing the Box:
- Please use our pre-paid box for packing your photos to be scanned.
- Group photos together by like sizes.
- Remove duplicates. We use an automated process to scan your photos, so we will not be able to stop duplicates from scanning. If there are duplicates in your box, they will be scanned along with the rest of your photos.
“Scan in Order” Service:
If you would like your photos to be scanned in a specific order, you must order the “Scan in Order” service for an extra fee. Ordering this service will let the scanner operator know that you need to have your photographs scanned in the order you have brought them. This service overrides the necessity of placing your images in size order.
Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe the front of each photo to remove any excess dust. Any substance (i.e. watermarks, pen marks, etc.) that is on the photograph will be scanned on your digital image.
Don’t have a large quantity of prints? No problem! If your photos meet the criteria for shoebox scanning, we can scan whatever quantity you may have. Pricing is per photo and is as follows:
Shoebox Kit: $199
Additional Prints: 1-10 $3.50 each
Additional Prints: 10-30 $3.00 each
*Please inquire with our team for unique sizes, damaged photos and other document formats.
We never recommend shipping away family archives, treasured photos and irreplaceable home movies. It’s too risky. Fleetwood Photo has been professionally preserving memories for over 30 years.